Speech, Language and Communication Needs course
On successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence and hidden nature of speech, language and communication needs
- Differentiate between typical and atypical stages of language acquisition
- Identify receptive, expressive and pragmatic language difficulties and evaluate their impact on access to the curriculum and social inclusion
- Explain the purpose and process of individual education assessments
- Use checklists to assess attention, listening, expressive language and fluency skills
- Observe and evaluate social use of language and independent learning strategies
- Design and plan strategies to support the development of phonological and articulation skills
- Devise interventions to strengthen and expand vocabulary
- Arrange opportunities to develop social skills and understanding of non-verbal language
- Create an action plan to practise course application skills in the classroom
How much does it cost?
Tutored – £180.00 (including VAT).
- access to your online course for 12 months
- online support from a specialist tutor while you complete the course – typically up to 4 months
- one point of direct contact with your tutor (phone, Skype, FaceTime), which you’ll agree between you
An employer purchasing places for a number of people might opt for more tutor contact, such as a group workshop, which would incur an additional charge to cover the tutor’s time and travel expenses.
Alternatively, schools or local authorities enrolling a number of employees on a course might opt to have an in-house specialist provide tutor support. In this situation, the in-house specialist would complete the course(s) as a participant first, and take part in tutor training.
Organisations can also be eligible for discounts on multiple purchases – If you’d like to explore options, please get in touch.