Understanding Hearing Loss course
On successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how the ear works and define the different causes of hearing loss
- Describe the impact that hearing loss has on child development, learning and social inclusion
- Explain the range of communication modes used by students with a hearing loss
- Identify different amplification devices, including additional listening devices, and describe how environmental adaptions can enhance hearing
- Use checklists to carry out observations of a student’s functional hearing
- Apply a graduated response to meeting the needs of hearing impaired pupils based on the assess, plan, do review cycle
- Describe your role in implementing an Education Health and Care Plan
- Contribute towards planning interventions that take into account a pupil’s individual development profile and needs
- Explain the benefit of a positive whole-school approach to deaf awareness
- Employ strategies to support communication, access to the curriculum, social inclusion and well-being, and increase independent learning skills
- Explain the range of different education settings for sensory impairments
- Set SMART goals and implement strategies for improving learner outcomes
How much does it cost?
Tutored – £180.00 (including VAT).
- access to your online course for 12 months
- online support from a specialist tutor while you complete the course – typically up to 4 months
- one point of direct contact with your tutor (phone, Skype, FaceTime), which you’ll agree between you
An employer purchasing places for a number of people might opt for more tutor contact, such as a group workshop, which would incur an additional charge to cover the tutor’s time and travel expenses.
Alternatively, schools or local authorities enrolling a number of employees on a course might opt to have an in-house specialist provide tutor support. In this situation, the in-house specialist would complete the course(s) as a participant first, and take part in tutor training.
Organisations can also be eligible for discounts on multiple purchases – If you’d like to explore options, please get in touch.