Vision Impairment course
On successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Locate and label parts of the eye, and identify common eye conditions
- Describe the impact that vision loss has on child development, learning and social inclusion
- Explain the additional learning needs associated with vision loss
- Use checklists to carry out observations of a student’s functional vision
- Make appropriate adjustments in the classroom environment to support the learning and social inclusion of visually impaired students
- Apply a graduated response to meeting the needs of vision impaired pupils based on the assess, plan, do review cycle
- Describe your role in implementing an Education Health and Care Plan
- Modify materials to enable students to access print and other media
- Utilise low vision aids and high tech aids to improve access to learning
- Contribute to the planning of interventions that take into account a child’s developmental profile and needs
- Employ strategies that enable students to increase their independent learning, mobility and habitation skills
- Explain the range of different education settings for sensory impairments
- Set SMART goals and implement strategies for improving learner outcomes
How much does it cost?
Tutored – £180.00 (including VAT).
- access to your online course for 12 months
- online support from a specialist tutor while you complete the course – typically up to 4 months
- one point of direct contact with your tutor (phone, Skype, FaceTime), which you’ll agree between you
An employer purchasing places for a number of people might opt for more tutor contact, such as a group workshop, which would incur an additional charge to cover the tutor’s time and travel expenses.
Alternatively, schools or local authorities enrolling a number of employees on a course might opt to have an in-house specialist provide tutor support. In this situation, the in-house specialist would complete the course(s) as a participant first, and take part in tutor training.
Organisations can also be eligible for discounts on multiple purchases – If you’d like to explore options, please get in touch.